Saturday, August 20, 2011

Neighbors....

I can't remember if this is the 4th or 5th day. I seem to have gotten behind although I have taken pictures everyday. I am proud of myself for that! Baby steps-just one in front of the other.

So here are pictures of cows that live down the road.  I see them every morning and every evening.  They have a routine that they  follow.  Early morning they are grazing by the fence along my road. Later in the morning they are laying or standing underneath a tree by my road where in the summer it's nice and cool.  In the evening I have to look for them at the back of the pasture.  They have a feed station back there and there's a group of trees along the creek.  I love these cows.  I have seen probably 20 young calves born over the few years I've been living out here.  They are just too cute!  I have even gotten to see them romp together in the pasture!  Sometimes the baby bulls will butt heads in their playing, they'll kick their back legs out and then arch their backs like a cat and run off.

These are cows, however.  They are very shy.  It took me about 20 minutes to get them to come closer so I could snap a few pictures.  Not surprisingly, the calves seemed more curious about me although they were also more skittish.  Mama on the other hand came quite close-when she decided!  So here are some pictures of my neighbors.





                                                                       MAMA


                                                                    Her BABIES!






They came pretty close!  Sweet faces.  Enjoy the pictures and don't forget to find something in your life to be grateful for!  -Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment